Sunday, July 28, 2019

Again at Morrison Lake

Saturday, July 27:  I don't think I can find adequate words to describe how thankful I am this summer for Robin's generosity and repeated invites out to her little house on Morrison Lake. It is SO relaxing and SO beautiful out here.
 I love these pictures of Emma riding the Unicorn float ...
 Emma roped herself to the dock and then ... out she went ... floating off to the beat of the waves ...
 I suggested she lie down and completely relax. I think she really enjoyed herself!
 Kaity-Girl had gotten OUT of the water due to being too cold (she had been in for quite awhile--me too!) but then noted that Emma was WAY OUT in the floaty ... so Kaity reeled her in!

 Emma tried to get Kaity to join her on the float, but Kaity lasted all of two minutes and then bailed. That's okay, Kaity!

 It was quite a warm day today ... I think it made it to 90 degrees in Grand Rapids--but it wasn't quite that warm out here on the lake. There was a refreshing breeze blowing too.
 My favorite part of coming out here is the cruise on John's boat ... it's a very quiet and peaceful ride. We go around the entire perimeter of the lake, which takes about 35-40 minutes! I love every single second of it.

 I'm so thankful for this beautiful place. God has used it to speak peace into my heart and give me rest this summer. 
I'm usually far more drawn to Lake Michigan--and make no mistake, Lake Michigan is STILL my first love ... but the lake levels are so high and the beaches are quite eroded again this year. It's a cyclical thing ... the levels will decrease once again, I know. 

The other truly lovely thing is Robin's friendship. She's a one-of-a-kind beautiful person. I'm so thankful God brought her into my life--she has truly blessed it in so many ways.

No comments: