Monday, July 8, 2019

Captain Cautious ... that's Aidan

Monday, July 8:  You've probably heard of Captain Courageous, right? Well, that's NOT baby Aidan. He is Captain CAUTIOUS ... about playgrounds, slides, heights ... and most definitely lakes!
 I had to trick him to get him to step into the water. He had been playing on the shore with a handful of toys and enjoying himself on my beach chair. I took the little sailboat and the pink bucket into the water with me, in just a few inches of water, to see if Aidan would come to me. He did not!
 So I filled up the pink bucket with water and handed it over to Aidan. He received it with a smile, and poured the water out on the sand, handing me the bucket for a re-fill. We did this a couple of times until I finally filled up the bucket but put it IN about an inch of water to see if he would come and get it. HE DID! We played this "game" for awhile until I moved the bucket of water further away.
 Our little sweetheart actually walked all the way up to his KNEES to get a bucket of water. Such bravery was rewarded with applause from his grandma.
 Thankfully, the water was NOT cold. It was one of those perfect summer days. Low 80's and very low humidity. I love the warm weather so much.
 Aidan kept himself very busy collecting rocks and tossing them into the lake ... watching the splash.



 Just down the way a little bit some folks were racing their model sailboats ...
 Aidan and I walked down to watch them for a little while.

 Versluis Park is very nice! I appreciate that it is 5 minutes from my house! 
 We took a little walk down this pathway but soon were overwhelmed with mosquitos. I'll have to remember my bug spray next time!
 Aidan gets pretty tired on our rides back to his house. Look at his sleepy little face. He read "Curious George" all the way home and talked about "monkey, monkey!" as he laughed at the story.
 Below is fire chief, Aidan ... to the rescue! 
Darling boy, your grandma loves you.

No comments: