Sunday, July 21, 2019

Rained Out

Saturday, July 20:  We were SUPPOSED to go swimming today; but alas, it rained, poured, stormed for most of the afternoon. Even when it WASN'T raining (about 45 minutes), we found that Versluis was closed due to a power outage. Usually I have a Plan B. But I think I was suffering from a bit of heat exhaustion from such high humidity and temps, along with a very full activity week. I was just plain out of Plan B's!
 Poor Kaity-Girl! She does not like to be stuck inside the house ... not one bit!
 She managed to tolerate it a bit better with Paco in tow.
 Dear Emma was here too. I was so glad to see her! We did enjoy a nice chicken, broccoli and rice casserole, some yummy ice cream, and a bunch of snacks. We also watched a rather poorly written movie from Netflix in a very half-hearted fashion. We managed to play a game of UNO (Kaity won!).
 We also played three games of Memory! I even WON a game. Shock!
I love this picture of Kaitlynn "reading" a book on my window seat. She got all snuggled up (in this stiffling heat) and got all comfortable while the rain was pouring down. Kaity stayed this way all of two minutes and then she was off doing something else. We drove Kaity home at nearly 7:30 and then Emma returned home with me. We watched an interesting movie, "Hidden in Silence" based on a true story between 1941-45 in Poland. It was really a good story. We worshiped this morning at Calvary with music and hearing God's Word, came home and ate lunch, and then we did a little bit of shopping over at TJ Maxx while waiting for "The Lion King" ... the 3:30 showing. We liked the movie very much. I still cannot figure out how they do LIVE ACTION with wild animals and pull it off as amazingly as they do! Wonderful to see!

No comments: