Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Ruthanne and Terry come to visit

Tuesday, July 16:  Ruthanne and Terry came up to visit me on Tuesday! They arrived at about noon, we ate a little lunch at my house, and then drove over to Holland to their downtown shopping district. I failed to take my camera out of the car as we parked, but remembered (right at the end of our shopping) that my phone DOES take pictures--so I snapped a few of these very cool clocks. When I was growing up, we had a cuckoo clock in our kitchen that cuckoo'ed on the hour, without fail. These clocks were a variety of European clocks with tiny dancers and beautiful music--expensive!


 We ate at Boatwerks right on Lake Macatawa. It was excellent food, and not any more expensive than anywhere else! We had a nice view of the lake and enjoyed a good meal. Since it was a hot and scorching day, we decided to drive up Lakeshore all the way into to Grand Haven. Perhaps we could catch a beautiful sunset!
 The catwalk is still under construction, so NO walking on the south pier! SO disappointing ....
 We drove across the channel to the Ferrysburg side and walked the north pier and got these pictures from about 8:30 until 9:30 last night.



 The lake water level is still crazy high. They say that it will continue this way on throughout the fall even. People who live along the lakeshore a little further south (Holland area) are in danger of losing more of their dunes if the fall storms are significant. That's sad!
 I wanted to take a nice picture of my sis and Terry here on the pier, but Ruthanne would NOT allow herself to be photographed ... sigh. I snuck this one picture in, but ... without her face, it isn't much to cherish.

 Terry requested a few pictures with the lighthouse in the background ...
 So I tried my best. These are very nice of him I think. He is a unique and special gem of a person. One in a lifetime. I'm thankful he is part of our family.

 There is nothing enormously dramatic about these sunset pictures, but the clouds made it very pretty ... and the colors were nice too. I'll just run the rest of them ...





Don't you wish ... don't you long for Jesus to return? I do! I wish it could be TODAY! Some day, HE WILL BE OUR EVERLASTING LIGHT ... and ALL sorrow will end.





Wednesday morning, we sat around my round table and played Bananagrams and then Quiddler while we chatted. We ate a HUGE lunch over at the Honey Creek Inn in Cannonsburg ... and then Ruthanne and Terry left to return to Detroit. It sure was nice to have them come for a visit. We need to do it more often, but perhaps next time I will drive to their place.

No comments: