Sunday, July 7, 2019

Refreshing Morrisson Lake

Saturday, July 6:  Weeks ago, we were invited out to Robin's place for a holiday party taking place TODAY! Since I usually spend a significant chunk of my Saturdays with my girls, they were naturally invited too. Robin warned me there would be "others" at the party, but not to worry; she would introduce us around. Kaity doesn't mind meeting new people, but Emma has told me she doesn't like "crowds." I wasn't exactly certain how many people would be at Robin's party, so I warned Emma and I felt certain she would NOT come with us. Imagine how pleased and surprised I was to find Emma very much willing to be part of our day! I was SO glad! 

We got out to Morrisson Lake right around 3:00 in the afternoon. The weather people had predicted a 30% of rain for most of the day ... but it didn't happen that way at all. It was a really beautiful day. Robin took us for a ride on the boat and offered to let Kaity drive it. Oh my.
I'm not sure Kaity thought Robin was serious at first! She hesitated, but then ... she took the wheel!
 We were clapping her on to encourage her. Robin was giving instructions. Kaity did a very fine job of it too!


 Kaity! You kill me! You are such a delight. Robin is very fond of you too!

 And look at Emma's sweet smile! SO happy she was with us for the day. I love her so much.




 We were on the look-out for the swan family. Robin wasn't sure we would see them today or not. But then ... there they were!

The swans ... very difficult to photograph today ... NOT pleased with these pictures--but the cygnets have grown SO much in just 2 weeks!

 I have tweeked these pictures a great deal. Mainly because the GREEN is so dominant and the details of the swans just get lost in the ... green sauce!


 The picture below is about the only one I am half pleased with.

 Well ... perhaps this little bunch of pictures isn't so bad ...

Some of John's family were there today--two of his brothers, two of his daughters, and two of his grandchildren! They were waiting to take the boat out and do a little rafting ... so we headed back to the house to swim.
 The water was absolutely perfect today. You see, it's been a blistering hot and humid week. The water felt amazing.
 It's such a pretty place, isn't it?
 Kaity is a little fish ...


 Emma stayed in the water for a VERY long time as well. I did too actually ... but then I finally got cold and had to get out. To be clear, there WAS a cold front coming through that took the humidity completely away. The wind picked up too ... and it just felt cool. No complaints ... I like cool, but I do not like COLD.

 Robin and John had enough food out here today for twice the number of people that actually came. We ate until we were super stuffed. Robin and John have been fishing for the last four weeks. John fried up over 140 perch and bass! It was amazing! They also grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, french fries ... and Robin had a fruit salad that was to die for. Emma was particularly fond of it. I brought some banana bread (my standard offering!) and watermelon too. And we had the most delicious ice cream I have ever tasted.




We dropped Kaity back home at 8:00 and then Emma and I came back to the Beach House. We watched a movie, "Let There Be Light" and talked for a very long time about some truly difficult things going on in our family right now. We really need wisdom and God's protection in the days to come. 

Pastor Jim spoke this morning from Isaiah 58 and 59, about what to do when it feels like God is ignoring your prayers. It was very provoking. Please, Lord, point out any sins in my life that are causing You to turn a deaf ear to my prayers. I've been praying for Emma's family for 17 years now and an answer is desperately needed. Thank you, Lord, for who You are!

Our Bible story today centered on King Asa, who reigned in Judah for 41 years. He was the great grandson of Solomon. He truly loved the Lord and was committed to Him all throughout his life. He cried out to God: "There is no one like You who can help the powerless among the mighty!" Our enemy IS powerful, Lord, and the father of lies. Please deliver us from evil and draw us to You. 

No comments: