Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Hanging out with Aidan Paul

Monday, July 22:  I picked Aidan up this afternoon and we drove across town to my house. Aidan likes to play here. It was a super beautiful day, and I kind of thought about taking him to a playground and running around outside ... 
 ... and I probably would have followed through on that, except for the fact that Aidan was so completely contented this afternoon ... relaxed, happy, busy ... there was really no need to cart him off some place else.
 Aidan loves my tiny play room. He has it all to himself when he is here with me and he just enjoys himself hugely back here. He usually goes right to the toy cars and trucks--you know, the Matchbox/Hotwheels ones. He'll get about eight or nine different ones out and then line them up or zoom them around ... he's very partial to the Matchbox trucks that have the cab and the trailer that hitch up together.
 Today, the window sill was his road. He was even driving cars up and down the inside wall of my window, smiling, making engine sounds ... it was music to my ears.
 He also drove around my tool cart ... all over my house ... around and round the main room, into the kitchen, down the hallway ...
 He was very in charge about the whole thing ...




I brought a few items to his attention that were sitting up on my dining room table. I KNEW he would like them, and he DID. This little water painting set was a real hit ...


 These two pictures below look like Aidan is sitting down to have a LONG and very serious conversation with his grannie ...
 I think he is the cutest little boy I have ever met ... you may call me prejudiced, but I don't mind a bit. You see, Aidan is the WHOLE package. He's not just cute on the outside. He's acts so cute! His expressions are hilarious and he is beginning to talk more and more now.
 Mr. Wooly Willy was very much appreciated by this little child today too. Look how aptly he holds his tool! He really got a charge out of changing Willy's hairdo and face, chuckling to himself all the while.

 My "noclars" were worn throughout the afternoon, with Aidan investigating every little thing through them.

Oh! And two things happened today that have never happened before. The first was this: evidently, Aidan was WET, so he announced to me that he needed a "new diaper" and abruptly lay down on the rug in my main room to await the deed! I changed him right away, as he desired. He's super ready for potty training, but his parents have been priming him for weeks about it. Good job! 

Also, as the afternoon wore on and he began getting sleepy, he would rub his eyes and grab a stuffed animal to cuddle--nothing new there; but towards the end of our day, Aidan announced it was time for him to go home! "Home now," he said with a smile. It was very nearly the exact time for us to pack him up and head back to his house, so we did!

No comments: