Tuesday, November 26, 2019

I love this little child ...

Monday, November 25:  It is EXACTLY one month until Christmas Day! I'm not going to panic, no way Jose'. Thanksgiving is late this year, three days from now--so Christmas is going to come quickly thereafter. I'm taking this one week at a time. THIS week is Thanksgiving. I'm not going to put Christmas into the mix because that will completely throw me off. I've been reminding myself the last few days, as I dread getting out the Christmas decorations, that this COULD be my last Christmas on earth--so stop dreading it, for goodness sake. Life is too short, too precious, too crazy unpredictable to squander it away with petty worries.

I picked Aidan up today, woke him from a sound nap, bundled him up and out the door we went. Our first stop was, quite a habit by now, Wendy's--so that this little dear could get his chicken nuggets, choco-nilk and french fries dipped in mustard. We folded a few airplanes and tossed them aroud, and then went out to the car. We headed over to a church off from Coit to a memorial for a former co-worker. I was thinking that we would probably just drop a card off, give our regards to the family, and be off. That is EXACTLY what happened. It was just too crowded and a little bit too chaotic to expect Aidan to tolerate, so from there we drove over to my house.
 Our pattern is firmly set now. We go immediately to the "fracks" and get a layout all set up with Aidan giving suggestions where the next "frack" should go, etc. I enjoy this part of our day so much. This little kiddo is such a JOY. He's hilariously funny and super serious about his "frack" layout--do NOT mess with his directives!
 He does get distracted from his task every now and again. He'll wander on down to the toy room and bring out an item or two. He continues to love these Alphabet Robots. I'm so glad!



 Aidan is a very mechanical little soul and get such enjoyment from constructing and de-constructing. This is good.

 Aidan plays so independently and is so happy with these little trains. He gets a whole scenario going with "gobbage fwucks", train cars, boats, etc. By the way, ALL trucks are garbage trucks to Aidan.


No stress with little Aidan here. He just plays and plays and plays. 
 Matey-Bird joined us for lunch, a little bit to Aidan's dismay ... Aidan is not a "natural" with animals and being a rather cautious individual, he just doesn't trust Matey to respect his boundaries. With good cause! At one time this afternoon, Matey took flight and briefly landed on the top of Aidan's head! Thankfully, it was just a split second--but I couldn't help crack up with the look on this dear baby's face.

Another Monday afternoon ... it came and went SO fast. Thank you, Lord, for these few hours with such a delightful little person.

No comments: