Friday, November 15, 2019

More books, more Matey

Wednesday, November 13:  I picked up Brendan from school today because Wednesday is OUR day. We went back to my place to play. Brendan was very interested in playing with Matey-bird today, so we were careful to include the First Mate in all of our activities.
 We showed Matey this cool LEGO motorcycle, just his size, and offered him a ride--but he just would NOT comply ...
 Brendan is pretty intense with Legos ... and that's okay. He is a good builder and it keeps him interested for a long time.


 These are our Alphabet Robots and they are super fun to play with. I am surprised by how much both Brendan AND Kaity love them. I'm so glad! Good purchase! Thank you, Amazon.

Brendan and I connect well with books, for which I am truly thankful. I love to read. Brendan has always loved a good story (his folks read to him on a regular basis) and now he is really coming into his own with his own reading skills. He seems to be reading everything in sight.

I went to the public library earlier in the day to return books and check out more of interest. Brendan really loves Mo Willems' stuff. Tonight, Brendan read THREE Elephant & Piggie books to me: "Can I Play Too?" "Pigs Make Me Sneeze!" and "Are You Ready to Play Outside?" He read them with a LOT of expression and laughter. 

And then to make our evening just about PERFECT, we got to pick Kelly up from the airport tonight! YES! Her flight home was smooth and on time and it was a JOY to welcome her home. Thanks, Lord, for family and for loving us so much and so faithfully.

No comments: