Friday, November 29, 2019

The stuff we did today!

Wednesday, November 27:  Brendan did not have ANY school today, so I picked him up early over at his house and we drove downtown to visit the planetarium and see "INHABIT EARTH."  I love visiting the museum with Brendan. He enjoys every little thing that is there!
 We were early for the show at the planetarium, so we explored a little bit upstairs nearby the entrance to the show--we wanted to go inside as soon as the doors were open in order to get the best seats possible.

 Isn't this a great globe of the earth? I love how huge it is and how detailed. Brendan and I talked all about the continents, the oceans, the mountains ... and look! There is Michigan! I'm glad we live in a state that is easy to spot!

 "Habitat Earth" was very well done, narrated interestingly, and just beautiful to watch. There was a brief video prior to the main movie and that showed Saturn and the cool things we've learned about that planet because of the probe we sent out into space in 1998. I learned that Saturn has at least 82 moons! Back when I was a kid, I think we had discovered only about 12!
 There were some cool hands-on exhibits that we wandered through ...


 And then we went to see the LEGO model of downtown Grand Rapids. What a great model!


 A trip to the public museum is never complete without a ride on the carousel!

 We were finally "home" to my house at about 4:00. Brendan chummed around with Matey while I fixed a little dinner for us.


 I'm so glad Matey has gotten used to the children. They have so much fun with him.
 Brendan and I also attempted to make sock puppets this afternoon. It was a little more difficult than I had bargained for ... see "Bluey Googenheim" next to the marker container?
 Brendan and I were talking about DNA, so Brendan went over and demonstrated he could draw a strain of DNA. Impressive, dear child. He also knew that in real life, it looks like a "twirly ribbon".
 I love you, Brendan. I love being your grandma.

No comments: