Friday, April 10, 2020

April 10 Matt

Friday:  This day fifteen years ago, Matthew was born to our family. Christopher was sixteen months and 11 days at the time. Emma was 32 months, four months shy from being three. That's three children in pretty quick succession. Just after Matthew's second birthday, they moved to El Paso because that was where Jesse was stationed in the Army from 2007 until 2013. I used to go down to Texas 4x per year to visit them. I would stay at their house for one week. Lots of memories from those times. 
 Matt used to love to play on a program on my MAC called PhotoBooth. I gathered a few of his hilarious pictures and made his card out of them ... I know he will laugh when he sees these pictures. 

As Matt has grown older, he doesn't come over to see me anymore, and I totally "get" it. I don't own a television ... and zero video games either! I have LOTS of toys for young children, but what on earth is a teen boy going to do over at his old grannie's house anyway? I hope he knows how much I love him, even though we don't spend much time together anymore.
 Mostly, though, I long for Matt to "allow" God to be his Father and to believe all that God says about him--that he is loved, that he is valuable, that he has a lot of talents and that God has a PLAN to use him to bring glory to Himself. I'm not certain what Matt believes. I know that he has a sensitive and caring heart, though. I will just continue to pray that God will give Matthew eyes of faith, and ears to hear what God says and wants for his life.

I drove over to his house today to deliver this card, along with a LEGO magazine for him to use for his "birthday order." I did get to SEE him briefly ... you see, we are still under orders to "stay safe, stay home" which means NO visitors, NO touching, etc. I saw Kaity briefly too, dear, dear Kaity. And lovely Emma ... 

No comments: