Friday, April 10, 2020

April 10

GOOD FRIDAY:

A few months ago I saw the movie, "The Case for Christ" and then I picked up the book, "The Case for Easter" both by Lee Strobel. He is the one who brought to my attention that the word EXCRUCIATING did not exist before there was such a thing as crucifixion. Listen to what he says:

"The pain was absolutely unbearable ... in fact, it was literally beyond words to describe; they had to invent a new word: excruciating. Literally, excruciating means 'out of the cross.'" And Webster defines it in a similar fashion: "from cruciare, TO CRUCIFY." 

I will never use that word again without thinking of the agonizing torture Jesus endured on the cross those six hours ... not to mention the brutal scourging he received prior to that ... all because of LOVE. He could have walked away. He could have DISobeyed His Father, but He didn't. His LOVE for you and for me was greater than His fear.


Thank you for the cross, Lord. 
Thank you for the price You paid. 
bearing all my sin and shame, 
in love You came and gave amazing grace.

Thank you for Your love, Lord.
Thank You for the nail-pierced hands
Wash me in your cleaning flow ...

No comments: