Sunday, April 12, 2020

April 11

Saturday:  It's cold today and windy once again. After kind of getting used to a "routine" of walking every day, I have now failed to do ANY walking for two days in a row. Sigh. I just really do not like the cold! 

I worked on a few card designs today, which I enjoyed. I didn't sleep well, so I was kind of sluggish all day and teetering on depression that would come and go in waves. I miss my family. I miss my little kids and all of my grandkiddos. I hate the news and cannot believe how much is out there that is completely a contradiction of other news ... it's difficult for me to understand ... as well as the amount of political hatred out there. It's difficult to know WHO to believe about COVID, etc. I'm very tired of the quarantine.

Having said that, I did get to FaceTime with Ruthanne and Terry today, so that was a real PLUS. I also FaceTimed with my friend, Brenda, who is an unbelievable comfort to me ... AND I had a video call from dear Robin today too--she and John were out on the boat (Phin too).

I began watching a series on Netflix ... or is it on Amazon? Anyway, it was recommended by Brenda. I watched Episode 1 and I like it very much. It's about soccer and the story is based on truth, takes place back in 1897 I believe over in England and Scotland. So I will continue watching the other five episodes.

I also got to ZOOM with my Kaity-Girl today! The first picture is of Kaity in her home-made tent in her living room. She says it is a couple of chairs and boxes and blankets. She told me she slept there last night with her baby Lily. Look how happy she is inside of her tent!
 We played dolls for quite awhile. Kaity was bringing me up to date about baby Lily. It seems that Lily has taken a bad fall and has broken her little leg, very sad. Kaity has a cast on the appropriate leg and she is nursing her baby back to health. Notice: Baby Lily has quite a fancy wheelchair of her very own. I've never seen a child enjoy dolls as much as Kaity does. I'm so happy that she does!
Kaity told me she is excited for their Easter egg hunt tomorrow. I reminded Kaity that tomorrow is the day that we celebrate Jesus coming alive again. She looked a little confused when I said that, but then she said: "Oh! Christmas is the day Jesus was borned and Easter is when He died, right grandma?" I gave her a bit more information about no one being able to keep Jesus DEAD and that is is actually ALIVE right now. She listened quietly. "Lord, please give Kaity eyes of faith to SEE You, hear Your truth, BELIEVE it and then RECEIVE You into her life."

No comments: