Wednesday, April 15, 2020

April 15

Wednesday:  Another quiet ALONE day in COVID quarantine. I'm thankful that I do not know anyone who has been diagnosed with this awful plague. The "social distancing" is harder on some than others.

Today, I had to exchange a few items with Dylan--so we agreed to meet in this parking lot and I would mask up and wear gloves and bring the items over to his car, which I did.


I didn't realize the three kiddos were in the back seat ... it was so wonderful to see Dylan and the kids in actual flesh and blood. Wee Erin was fastened in her carseat, fast asleep. Brendan was sitting quietly in the middle. And then Aidan was nearest where I was standing (but I was six feet away)--he was behind the driver's seat in his carseat, very much awake BUT his precious head was turned and he refused to look at me. Dylan rolled the windows down and explained that this whole situation has overwhelmed Aidan--not being able to touch people or hug them. I tried to show him my face by pulling the mask down so that he could see my mouth--but he would not look. I ran around to the other side of the car and smiled hugely at him--he saw me, and I did get a little smile from him, but when I returned to his side of the car, he wouldn't look at me. And Brendan was oh, so quiet too. My heart was so sad I thought I would burst into tears--but I KNEW that would be a disaster, so I controlled myself for their sakes. 

I was studying King Jehoshaphat this morning ... listen to his words in 2 Chronicles 20:9  "If calamity comes upon us, whether the sword of judgment, or PLAGUE or famine, we will stand in Your presence ... and will cry out to You in our distress, and You will hear us and save us." So I am asking, "Lord, please hear and save us from this plague."

No comments: