Tuesday, April 21, 2020

April 20

Monday:  Today, I had a few things on my list that needed to be accomplished ... and they ALL got finished. So ... that made today a good day. This list of mine is a self-imposed one but when you are my age, live alone, are "retired" and haven't a single soul to boss you around, you can pretty much do whatever you like! Except ... I do have a boss! And my life is NOT my own to do with what I please. Being in isolation/quarantine, though, does limit one's activities. But I determined that since the weather was nearly perfect, I should finish getting the debris and dead leaves from my grass and into bags for disposal  ...  AND since it was sunny outside and almost warm, I should clean my shed. I MEANT to clean my shed LAST year, but that never happened. The last time I cleaned my shed was when my brother David was in Michigan, and he helped me. It took about 90 minutes for me to finish up my lawn and then I took a lunch break. I almost talked myself out of cleaning the shed after lunch, but I asked the Lord to help me gather up the strength to face that messy shed and get the job done. Plus, the garbage guys were due to arrive by about 4:00 and I knew there was a lot inside the shed that could simply be put out for the trash guys to take. You should see how nice my shed looks now! Everything is organized, the floor has been swept out, the cobwebs removed, the empty boxes put into the trash! YES!

Here are some pictures of Matey-Bird for the day. He has now decided he really really likes this little silver turtle dish of mine that is full of shells. What he doesn't realize, is that beneath these big shells are all of the beautiful feathers that he has "lost" around the house--I don't mean the little fluffs of feathers that are everywhere (!!) and keep me vacuuming 2x per day ... no, no, no. THESE feathers that I am collecting are ENTIRE feathers, perfect, and beautiful, and quite large actually. 

 Matey makes quite a rucous while in the dish with all of his twisting and turning and attempts to remove the shells ...
 Aren't you SO CUTE, Matey? I'm trying to get him to say that and I think he did say "CUTE" the other day, but I'm not 100% positive.


 I also had a Bible study small group meeting at 7:00, and 8 out of our 13 showed up. Since I am the one who "fascilitates" this small group, I have to "invite" people through Zoom. Everything worked out just fine and we had a nice hour discussing our lesson from this past week.
All and all, it was a very good day!

No comments: