Saturday, April 18, 2020

April 17 (card)

Friday:  Let's see ... Day # 26 ?? in "quarantine" feels like two HUNDRED 26 ... not much to report over here at the Beach House. I will say, I have talked more on the phone--FaceTime, etc. with friends and family than I ever thought possible. It's not that I am not thankful for technology--I am--but it's not the same as being WITH people. Little kids get that almost right away. None of my littles have requested FaceTime at all this week--and why would they? Who wants to sit in a chair in front of a screen looking at their grandma? Little kids want to PLAY. Screen time is just not doing it. Sigh.

So I've been making cards when I feel creative enough. I certainly have enough pretty photos to make cards from. In our group leadership meeting last night we learned that the father of one of our teachers went home to heaven on Easter evening. He had dementia and was already rather severely disabled from it. So I made a card for Lisa.





What would we do without You, Lord, to comfort us and draw us near to You? 

No comments: