Tuesday, April 7, 2020

April 7

Tuesday:  My day began with an early "run" over to Meijer to get needed supplies ... seniors are allowed to shop from 7am until 8am when the store is "cleanest" and less crowded. I stocked up with two weeks' worth of food and I even wore a home-made paper-towel face mask, which worked quite well actually.

I got all of my groceries put away and was eating breakfast when David Facetimed me! YAY! I forgot to take a screen shot of he and Carol, so I'm substituting this great picture of them instead. We had such a nice talk this morning. It's always wonderful to see these dear faces. They are in a pretty tight spot in the Caymans right now and need a lot of wisdom to move forward, either staying on the island if and when this COVID 19 passes, or moving back to Florida. I love them very much.
I returned to Fallasburg Park this afternoon to walk the two-mile route with another of my dear friends, Brenda! After taking 80+ pictures yesterday, I didn't think I would need to take any others today, but I brought my camera ... just in case! I ended up taking ONLY 34 more pictures and some of those were not even worth keeping, so I actually DELETED them ... ??? ... yes, you heard me right! I DELETED them (once they were uploaded and examined on my photo program and deemed absolutely worthless). But I did keep a few, just in case I needed them for anything.
 I think I will eventually make a card from this darling little barn, so I took a few more shots of it today from different perspectives than yesterday.


 Here is Brenda ... well, here is the BACK of Brenda ... she had never visited here before and was delighted.
 I took a lot of pictures at this very spot yesterday, but I like this one because it's just a bit different.
 Brenda was super kind and MADE me a beautiful face-mask. She is an A-1 seamstress. I'm so pleased with it. We decided to wear our masks while hiking today, just to be extra safe.


 And look at this darling flower! Is this trillium? SO dainty!



 This one (below) is my favorite picture of the day ... something about the sparkle on the water and the subtle color ...
 These were taken from the pedestrian bridge ...




 This is such a gorgeous place. If it can be THIS pretty at the ugliest time of year, I know it will just about knock me out when the colors come in and everything blossoms. I did take a few pictures out here last fall, but I wasn't aware of the trails at that time. Hopefully, I'll get some truly great shots out here in the next months.

No comments: