Friday, April 24, 2020

April 23

Thursday:  Today was another do-nothing sort of day--except I did prep for having the kiddos over tomorrow by putting away lots of stuff that I don't want them messing around with, etc. 

I introduced Matey to his new string toys--they are basically little balls that he can play with. He was less than impressed. However, I did notice that by the end of the day, he was picking them up and pitching on the floor--oh, joy.



 While I was eating dinner tonight, I lured Matey into my room with his favorite straw. I think green is his favorite color. Anyway, Matey was on my shoulder and I took his straw and dropped it on the floor in my bedroom. He flew in after it and I shut the door! Yay--now I could eat my food without his little beak pecking away in MY food.
 BUT something happened today that has NEVER happened before. Matey became a little escape artist! Evidently, his straw rolled underneath the wide expanse (!!) between the bottom of my door and the actual floor, and Matey followed it right out into the hallway! And then he was as free as a ... yes, as free as a bird! 

I also had a leadership meeting tonight for MNBS. Here are some of the people who also lead small groups for Bible study. They are a really nice bunch of people, and I am thankful for them. Zoom is a very cool way to be able to meet in groups without actually being in the same room. 
I also made a card today and got it in the mail, but I'll post that separately because it helps me keep track of which card I have sent to which particular lady over at Rest Haven.

No comments: