Wednesday, April 22, 2020

April 22 (card)

Wednesday:  Not much happened here today ... as in ZERO happened ... nada! I did clean Matey's cage and made it all spic & span--he was pleased. Also, I've been trying to "back up" my computer for the last week or so and having all kinds of difficulty accomplishing that--so last night, I read up on it a little bit and Apple suggested that perhaps the reason my computer is not recognizing my back-up disc is because I haven't shut down my computer and run updates on it for ... a very long time. So I determined today that I would shut my computer all the way down and then update everything it wanted me to update. I started that process at about 1:30 this afternoon. Six hours later (I'm not lying), my computer has FINALLY run every single update out in the entire universe (!!) AND it finally recognizes my back-up disc! YAY! I thank the Lord for this, because I asked Him for His help (finally) and He heard my request and has answered. I really really need to learn HOW to talk to God about the things in life that come up AS they come up, instead of worrying myself half sick, trying and failing endless times, and then FINALLY remembering that I could probably ask the Lord to help me. You would think an old woman like me would have learned that many years ago ...

I did finish up another card--this one is for Eleanor over at Rest Haven. I like it ... because the verses really spoke to me right where I am this very minute.




The top three pictures used in the card were taken out at Grand Haven about a year ago or so. They were in a file, not designated as lighthouse pictures, so I had forgotten about them. But I love them. I love the sunlight and the reflection. I adore the sailboats. The bottom picture (which is the back of the card) was taken years ago on the north shore, early one May morning. I reember it distinctly.

I think the reason Psalm 27.1 and Psalm 34.4 spoke to me today is NOT because I am afraid of COVID--I'm actually not very afraid of it--I'm cautious, but I'm not terrified or anything. I know that I am not going to die one second before God has planned--that's the bottom line. But I'm afraid of lots of other stuff, and I've always been "governed" by fear I guess, instead of calling out to the Lord for His help and wisdom. I'm going to need a lot of that coming up very soon--Dylan and Kelly's baby is due mid-May, but they think the baby is going to come before that. They need my help with taking care of the kiddos. They are exhausted from the last four weeks of "lockdown." I completely understand that, and I have missed them terribly. But here is what I am afraid of--and it's silly and pathetic of me--but taking care of little children is exhausting! And I love this group of little children with all of my heart! It's just a tricky mix between Brendan's challenges, and the ages of Aidan and Erin--all at the same time. But I am not going to chose FEAR. I'm going to ask the Lord to help me love and care for this dear family. He will help me and give me the patience and resources that I need.

No comments: