Friday, April 3, 2020

April 2

Thursday:  I walked today with my friend, Robin, out in Lowell. I've hardly ever been to Lowell--I can't exactly tell you why ... except I usually wander WEST when I want to explore because WEST heads me in the happy direction of Lake Michigan. 
 The drive from my house takes about 25 minutes, depending on which route you wish to take. I met Robin out there and we kept "socially distanced" because of COVID (this is Day #11 for me). But we did manage to walk three miles.
 This is the Flat River ... I didn't even know there WAS a dam out here! It's a very nice one actually.
 There is a war memorial here too ... right in view of the dam.

 Robin arrived and we crossed over Fulton (Main Street) and walked the boardwalk for a little bit ...
 This dear goosey gander was thinking Robin and I had FOOD ... it was super friendly. People must readily feed them ... we did not have any food, so we walked on.


 It's very nice out here ... although pointing in the opposite direction of the river is the MILL, which I find super ugly--but it's the main industry here in Lowell.



 We crossed back over and walked quite a distance to this train bridge ...
 A goose or a duck or some such irresponsible mother laid an egg here ...
 Even though the colors are dull and CAN look desolate, there is still a beauty from God evident everywhere we looked.


I asked Robin if she knew where the "new" wooden bridge was ... she texted her daughter, Paige, and we got directions (next post please).

No comments: