Sunday, April 19, 2020

April 19, Part I

Sunday:  Today was good for my state of well-being ... which has been lacking. I went to bed last night thinking that I would wake up and bake a few loaves of yummy banana bread, which all of the children and grandchildren like, and then put my "protective mask" on and deliver them, being careful not to bend the rules too terribly much on social distancing. 

After watching and worhsiping with the Livestream service, I did the baking ... the bread turned out almost perfectly! I picked up a few extra treats for the kiddos and off I went!

 Look at what Kelly did for the kids with their "water" table. Since it is still too cold to splash water all over the place, she got some nice soft sand for them to play with. She is such a sweet mom to these littles.
 And look at wee Erin Lucia! She was all dressed in her Easter finery today, looking as sweet as can be. She is!
 This darling little person ... isn't she something?
 And HERE is Aidan Paul. I was very grateful that he would LOOK at me today. He was a little bit unsure, but then I stepped on his SHADOW and he laughed ... and then we played soccer ball for a little while too.

 This little boy ... he is STILL delicious and he's not even a baby anymore. 
 Little kids are so ... healing, aren't they? You watch them in all of their ways--and it's not always pretty, for sure--but they are still so fresh from God ... so soft and innocent. I love their little hearts.
 Erin! You are too much in this dress ... I can hardly stand the cuteness.
 And here is Brendan! Eight years old already! I love you pieces, Brendan!






 Sure was difficult not to pick them up and give them big hugs and kisses ... 




... but immensely thankful to see these dear people today. Shane was there this afternoon too, so I got to see him as well, which made it even more special. 

No comments: