Sunday, April 5, 2020

April 4

Saturday:  Day #13 of my Exile ... I stayed inside my little house the ENTIRE day--no walks, no adventures, no exploration, no NOTHING. Sigh. However, I DID enjoy my study time this morning in 2 Thessalonians--it was quiet and reassuring to be reminded of God's faithful love.

Matey went a huntin for shells in the late morning ... he goes on this quest on a regular basis. He never is able to pull one out of the glass jar, but he sure tries hard! Isn't he so darling?

 I had a very very welcomed and happy visit with this dear family in the mid-afternoon. Brendan and I did some "Jack Hanna" animal stuff from my new Jack Hanna Almanac of Animals, but Aidan wanted a re-read of "Fortunately" the funny story of the boy who is invited to a surprise Happy Birthday party for himself but the party is in Florida and he lives in New York City. Anyway, it's an amusing little fantasy story of how the boy gets to his party. Don't these guys have the most beautiful smiles and faces?
 And then later tonight I connected with my beautiful sister (who has not changed one iota in about the last 40 years) and Terry (it is Terry's birthday today!) ...

 We talked for quite awhile!
There were many other friends that I spoke with by phone today -- so I wasn't completely without human conversation at least. OH ... but this is HARD, isn't it? 

I did design a card today to send to a little lady over at Rest Haven. I'll show it to you in the next post. It took most of my day today, at least when I wasn't reading the novel "Exodus" or checking in on the depressing news, or watching re-runs of Jeopardy. 

No comments: