Monday, April 6, 2020

April 6

Monday:  I met Robin over at Fallasburg Park this afternoon. We took the most beautiful two-mile walk/hike. I LOVE this place ... and it's the ugliest time of year for pictures ... BUT LOOK how gorgeous this place is! I was filled right up to the tippy top with its beauty today. I just breathed it right into my soul.
 I have too many pictures already of this bridge ... is that possible though? I loved the reflection today, the stillness, the quiet of the waters.

 And look! I found this itty bitty flower poking its lovely little face up through the deadness of leaves and grass!
 Isn't she exquisite?!?!
 Mr. Goosey Gander here was pursuing a mate today. LOUD honking. Relentless. Mrs. Gander ran away up into the brush to get away from Mr. Horny here.

 Robin and I walked across the bridge up to the "historic" area with dwellings dating back to the mid-1800's. You'd never know it, actually, though by looking at the buildings today because they've been renovated and redone quite modern, still maintaining their historic "signs" out front. The only one that looked a bit authentic was the post office ... but I didn't take a picture of it because it was just plain ugly.

But this barn, however, this barn was noted to have been voted "Barn of the Year" in Michigan in 2014. I think it's lovely.









 I might even have to make a card out of that barn!
 And these great trees! Aren't they gorgeous?
 I love the picture (below) ... serenity ... I just love this place.


 Phinheas McGee was with us today ... he was going crazy with all of the new smells. He's a cute little dog ... he is Robin's family! So he is VERY important.



 I took a LOT of pictures (82 to be exact) ... many of them were repetitious, but you just never know if you've gotten it right until you take 5 of the exact same thing!

 I love the woods no matter what time of year. I truly believe summertime would be nearly my favorite if I could just get past the bugs, bees, hornets, ticks, and other insects. But ... I can't ... so that's that.


 Look! There is a pedestrian bridge across the Flat River! YAY! We crossed over and walked trails all the way back to the covered bridge.


 Our walk was officially 2.3 miles. It was exactly what I needed today to cheer my heart.
What an AWESOME God we have. Who is LIKE Him? No one. No one at all. He is beautiful and His creation reflects His beauty.

No comments: