Monday, July 13, 2020

July 11 with Kaity

Saturday Afternoon:  I picked Kaity up at noon today. She was soundly sleeping and I had a hard time waking her up! Not because I couldn't wake her, but because she looked so peaceful sleeping. I actually just hung around a little bit and let her sleep. 
 Kaity played very nicely once again today. She had so much fun with Matey-Bird.
 Kaity has a special way with animals in general--she gets this from Emma I think. She has such a confidence around them and she is very assertive.


 I love these pictures of you and Matey, Kaity-dear!



 Kaity and I also played trains! YAY! Kaity doesn't often play trains with me anymore. We had fun building this little layout together.

 At about 3:00, we drove the five short minutes over to Versluis Park to swim. It takes me FOREVER to get the nerve to go all the way IN.
 Kaity just makes a run for it ...



 We were swimming for maybe 15 minutes when Kaity noticed a mom and three girls putting their stuff on the beach and getting ready to come and swim. Kaity announced that she recognized these girls from "Church School". I asked her more and then figured out she had met these girls at Vacation Bible School over at her other grandparents' church last summer.
 Kaity was so excited to play with them! They recognized her too! The oldest girl's name was MERCY! And the second one's name was JUBILEE. The youngest girl's name was Eevie (short for Evangeline). Aren't those interesting names? 
 I was very glad Kaity had some friends to swim with--it makes it much more fun if someone your age, who can actually keep up with you, is swimming along with you.
We went back to my house to eat some french toast and then I dropped Kaity off to Jesse and switched Kaity out for Emma.

No comments: