Monday, July 13, 2020

July 9

Thursday:  Kaity and I had kind of a quiet few hours together today (thank you, Lord!). The heat continued, so we didn't run around or physically exert ourselves very much.
 Kaity wanted me to measure her on my "measuring wall."  The lighthouse hanging Kaity is holding is affixed to a narrow wall next to my bedroom. Underneath the hanging, I've made marks for each of the grandchildren and dated those marks; however, rather haphazardly over the years. Today we measured Kaity at 51.5 inches =  4 feet 3-1/2 inches. She was quite pleased about this and says she enjoys being tall. I'm glad about that--because no doubt she will be at least as tall as I am (although I have shrunk 2" in the last several years to 5'6"), and probably as tall as Emma is.
 Kaity played on the piano for a little bit with a very attentive audience in Matey-Bird. We also watched the entire movie (shock) of "UP." I had forgotten how sweet that little movie is! Actually, I don't believe I had ever seen the entire movie myself, but Kaity and I watched the WHOLE thing.
 Kaity brought over Lily and Liam and their pet dog, Bo-Bo, to visit with Paco Pig.
We also played with our alphabet robots and spelled Kaity's name out with them, turning the "Z" to be a second "N" in her name. We had such a nice time together tonight and I was super thankful that Kaity was so easy to entertain.

No comments: