Wednesday, July 15, 2020

July 14

Tuesday:  I stopped at Schuler Books on my way to pick up the kids this morning. I have a small container in my car with "board" books in it to amuse the children as we drive from their house to mine--which is an extended drive on the way HERE, because I often take lengthy detours to allow Erin to catch her morning nap. The supply of board books in my car was getting rather mangy-looking and needed a few newer books to spike interest. Schuler has a DISCOUNT section in the foyer of its store, so I picked up a half dozen fun books for the little kiddos. While I was there, I remembered Brendan and I had seen an all-inclusive Pokemon book when we were there together months and months ago. Brendan is completely emersed in the world of Pokeman and I never have a single clue of what he is referring to. I found the book and purchased it! Brendan was super pleased to see it laying where he sits in the front seat of my car. He spent the entire hour drive looking through it and reading it to me. Bizarre. Completely "other world" to me. Made me wonder WHO was smoking WHAT when these names of the Pokemon were chosen and all of their "evolved" states. 

We finally drove into my driveway, with Erin successfully taking a 30-minute nap! Yes! I took a few pictures of the kiddos as they played today. I missed out taking many of Brendan. He isolated himself in my room where he could get away from the little kids.
 Aidan ate his usual "Goldfish" crackers and had most of a piece of freshly baked banana bread, refusing everything else that was offered to him--but he was happy and playful (always) as he ate.
 Erin has seriously been getting into train tracks lately and other building projects ...
 Aidan invited Erin to a tea party. We spread out a table cloth (an old baby blanket), and I got out the tea set, filled the little tea pot with water and 20 minutes later (!!) Aidan was still pouring water from cup to cup to cup ...
 ... sharing the fun with Erin, but not often allowing her the privilege of holding the tea pot.

 I love Brendan's smile (below) as he listened to his siblings sample all of the food at their tea party.




 Erin's biggest delight at my house is Matey. She even calls my house HIS house. She is in hot pursuit of this little creature throughout her afternoon ...

 She gets as close as she possibly can to him ... when all else fails, she climbs onto the tabletop where I have his bird house and just makes herself at home.



 I think she would follow Matey to the moon ...
 Dear Aidan has become quite a builder himself ... he's very exacting about it too and plays quite independently.
I love to watch him at play ...
We managed to survive another six hours together despite the fact that my right foot has become more and more uncomfortable during the past few days. Thankfully, I have a medical appointment in a few days! I don't think anything is broken, but it sure is SORE and walking is NOT comfortable. Running after little ones becomes a bit more challenging with a swollen and painful foot. Sigh.

No comments: