Wednesday, July 29, 2020

July 28 Bubbles, water fun, flowers!

Tuesday:
I am really thankful for the beautiful weather we've had all throughout July. It was actually a little TOO hot for me, which was a surprise ... but this afternoon was one of those very perfect summer days. We took advantage of it by playing outside for a little while--just in my driveway, but there was a nice breeze and the kiddos had fun.


Erin (below) uses all of the containers (pails, cups, molds) to drink the nice cold water--however, when at the LAKE, she does the same thing no matter how much I tell her NOT to drink the lake. My fault completely. A tiny child cannot differentiate between clean sanitized water at home and a nice refreshing lake, a pretty "clear" lake too.
One of the things (of many) that I love about Brendan is that he gets a lot out of the simple, everyday things of life. Making bubbles brought him so much happiness.


Aidan was old enough to get the hang of my big bubble maker this year. He was pretty intense about it too (see middle picture below).




I love you, Brendan!
These two still get a lot of joy from the water table--pouring and making rain, etc.


Aidan and Erin enjoyed going up and down the steps of my porch. Erin was counting: 1, 3, 5 -- and for a minute I thought she was on to something ... like counting odd numbers by twos (which would have been quite remarkable), but she followed the "5" with "8" and then "11" and then she was back to "1".
Aidan took time to stop and smell the flowers ... Erin did too, but she was too quick, so I missed that picture.




Miss Erin wandered out of MY yard and into my neighbors where she admired the little stone fox family. She very badly wanted to climb to the top of this cement bench and pick up the fox family, but I denied her that ... so mean of me ... but this kiddo would climb to the moon if you let her.


No comments: