Monday, July 20, 2020

July 18/19 Emma

Saturday Evening/Sunday:  Kaity and Matt and I returned to their house at a little after 6:00--it was just TOO hot at my house to be able to endure playing there, so we went to where there was air conditioning! Kaity and I played in her room until 7:00 and then Emma and I came back over to my hot, very HOT, house.

Emma and I almost always watch a movie Saturday nights. It is getting difficult to find a movie that we both want to see. Emma is more inclined towards comedy at this time in her life--although she usually mixes it up with good drama or historical stories, which are my favorite. However, sometimes those movies can be too sad or thoroughly depressing. Since I now have Disney+, I suggested the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie--because I thought I had never seen it, and I knew the pirate movies were a favorite of Emma's.
However ... OH. MY. 

I wasn't really prepared for how gruesome and dark the story was! Two-and-a-half hours of ... slimy, greasy, dirty, rotten-toothed pirates--and worse--DEAD pirates that were, for some reason, cursed to remain UNdead. Creepy. My eyes hurt from the ugliness--they DID!

Sunday morning, we got up and went to virtual church. Sigh. However, it was wonderful to sing praises to the Living God and to hear a message from His Word from the book of Malachi. Pastor Tom did the teaching, and it was very thought provoking and convicting.

We then ate our lunch and had our Bible study, continuing with the exiles returning to Jerusalem and their rebuilding of God's temple (from the books of Ezra and Haggai). God used this study in my life in a very powerful way all during the week. God took my heartache and fears for my family and again commanded that I trust Him, continue to work for Him, and "Give careful thought to my ways." I received so much comfort from Him as I studied that He will make something beautiful of my life, and that of my children and grandchildren, if we walk with Him! I was reminded through various passages that I, too, am "a temple where God lives by His Spirit." He wants my life to bring Him JOY and HONOR, just like the temple in Jerusalem did.



 It had rained pretty hard all through the night and was continuing to rain right into the afternoon. Plus, my fractured 4th toe was taped to my strong 3rd toe, but was aching like crazy. It wasn't a good day to do any beach activities or hiking or outdoor stuff.

We decided to pop some popcorn, get some snacks out, pour ourselves a cold drink or two (lemonade and ice tea) and watch the 2nd pirates movie. Emma assured me there would not be undead people in this one ...
... but it had been awhile since she had seen any of these movies ... so I found this one to be every bit as gruesome and ugly as the first. I will say, though, that the acting was first rate, and the story WAS interesting, and there was some very humerous moments ... but OH.MY. I think two pirate movies is quite enough for this grandma! 

No comments: