Monday, July 27, 2020

July 25/26 with Emma

Saturday Evening/Sunday:   Emma spent the night Saturday. We dropped Kaity and Matthew back at their house at about 7:15 or so. Emma and I came over here and rested from being at the beach. I put all of the beach stuff away and started a load of laundry.
 We watched Disney's "Hunchback of Notre Dame" tonight. I had never seen it! I read Hugo's novel WAY back in 1976 or 1977--I think it was close to 800 pages. I remember liking the story very much, but I didn't remember a lot of the details.
Sunday morning, we worshiped via LiveStream Calvary. One of the Calvary interns taught from Malachi about the God of Justice (Malachi 2.17-3.5). It was a challenging teaching that I really appreciated.

Emma and I enjoyed a simple lunch, did our Bible study, this week from the book of Nehemiah--what a great story! What a wonderful man of God Nehemiah was! It's always refreshing to actually find a person with integrity--even the Bible is full of scoundrels (sigh--ALL of us are scoundrels!) ... but it was encouraging to find a man who actually talked to God and was honest with Him. I only went through the first five chapters or so ... I'll hopefully finish up next Sunday. I sure was blessed in studying these chapters last week.

I took Emma home, left an important item (unintentionally) in their garage--so Jesse and Emma drove it back out here to me, and stayed to visit for awhile. Jesse was kind enough to get my extra hard drive to back up my computer while he was here. It was super nice to visit with both Jesse and Emma on this terrifically HOT day!

No comments: