Monday, July 20, 2020

July 18 Matthew!

Saturday: I was super surprised and SO pleased to have Matt join Kaity and I this afternoon! Since it was 95 degrees with a dewpoint above 70, it was sweltering in my little house. I assumed it would be very crowded over at Versluis Park, but we went there anyway, just to swim and cool off.

This was Matt's first time at Versluis. I explained that this was a gravel pit turned into a lake kind of swimming area. On the far side of the lake, there are condominiums--identical--about 40 of them stretched all along the shore there. Matt commented that they all looked alike. "What was the point?" "Who would want to live in an identical house as 40 of your neighbors?" I agree! Why go to all of the trouble to build rather luxurious condos if every single one of them was cookie-cutter the same?

It was NOT overly crowded at the lake, for which I was glad. We probably swam for 45 minutes. We showed Matt all of the interesting places--like the underwater dock and stairs that lead into a swampy area--that ramp area is super slippery--but it is usually where we find lots of minnows. The other day while Kaity and I were swimming here, I young fellow caught a tiny turtle! He did let it go back into the lake. I was hoping we could discover a few turtles too. I told Matt about ALL of the fish that normally swam around the lake ...
 But we did not find a single fish for the first 30 minutes we were there! I think Matt doubted whether we would EVER find a fish! After about 45 minutes, one of the lifeguards got on a horn to announce that a storm was on the way--there had been a sighting on radar--people were cautioned to get out of the water. Matt was ready to go! Kaity probably would have opted to stay another 45 minutes if it hadn't been for the storm that was predicted to arrive. We got out of the water and drove back to my house.
 Matt requested that I make some french toast--so I did! I was glad to cook something that Matt actually requested and would eat. Kaity and I ate some hotdogs and fruit.
 After dinner, we got out the foosball game. Matt and Kaity played a game that Matt won. Then it was MY turn to play Matt. I think I mighty have won by 1 point.
 Foosball is a fun game! I take it very seriously! 
I was so glad to see Matt and welcome him over to spend time with Kaity and I. I love you Matthew!

No comments: