Wednesday, March 31, 2021

A Woodsy Farewell to March ...

Wednesday:  On this very last day of March, I drove over to Aman Park just to see if the Trillium were in bloom yet. You see, I've heard "reports" that the Trillium bloom in the low lying areas of the park is beyond amazing and I do not want to miss it!

It was a little bit nippy out today and the wind only worsened that ... but I dressed in my usual layers and wore a warm headband to protect my ears--so I was all set. These daffodil are pretty much the ONLY flowers I saw in my 2.5 mile walk today ... but that was just fine because, you see ...
... the TREES and the SUN and the SHADOWS were calling to me ... even in their stark nakedness, I love the trees with all my heart.
And I LOVE winding pathways, don't you?










And look! They "installed" this brand new foot bridge just yesterday! A few weeks ago when Emma and I were walking here, there was a muddy ravine where the bridge now is. Emma and I had to find a way around the mud (which we did) ... but now there is this cute little bridge to walk across. How nice!

There are many kinds of beauty in the world that God has created ... and I think that trees (every single one of them) and the LAKES are at the tippy top of my list of favorites.
Here is Sand Creek. We haven't had much water so far this spring, so the water is a bit low.
Here is one of the places renowned for its beautiful Trillium ... there are sprouts everywhere, but no flowers yet ...



The buds on the trees are encouraging ...
And ... isn't this a gorgeous path? How could I have lived in W. Michigan for the past 50 years and NOT KNOWN about this gorgeous park? Sigh. 

Somewhere around this area, I took a "wrong" turn. Once again, I was trying to get to the other bridge that is arched and prettier than the other bridge ... but I truly got lost out here today and finally gave up. I could hear the traffic out on Lake Michigan Drive, so I finally took a pathway that led me out to the main road and just walked along the grass until I found the entryway back into the park (where I was parked).

I walked past this poor dead deer ...
This is a map of the trails and the SAND CREEK ...
What the map doesn't show is the fact that there are DOZENS of side paths and not a lot of signage to direct you which way to go ... which means that naturally, I will GET LOST. That's okay. I needed the exercise today and it was perfectly beautiful out here.


No comments: