Friday, March 19, 2021

March 18 Kaity and me

Thursday:  The first thing Kaity and I did when she came over tonight was to play with my new Magnet animals--I should have taken a picture of these little guys for this post--buy I forgot! Anyway, I've had EIGHT miniature refrigerator magnets that are kind of like stuffed animals (!!) for close to 20 years now. I've had a little white cat that everyone calls "Kitty"--she is the first one I ever bought! I saw her at a gift shop on some trip I was taking across the country somewhere and I purchased it KNOWING how fun she would be to place on a refrigerator or any other magnetic object. Some time went by and I stumbled on two little dog magnet animals--they are super cute--and these have never been named. I think we always just refer to them as "puppy". I also have a donkey, a monkey, a frog, moose and a darling little lamb. All of the kiddos enjoy playing with them. Kaity asked me last week if she could take "Kitty" home with her and I told her, "No." But I got onto Amazon and finally found a comparable article--exactly same size (about 3") and a set of SIX for $14.95! One of them is a gray cat. They are not as detailed as the ones I purchased at gift shops, but ... I ordered them and other than the fact that Amazon's first delivery of the supposed magnet animals ended up being a package of six pair of girls' underwear (that I had to return), the correct package arrived within 48 hours and Kaity was able to take her gray kitty home with her last night. She was super pleased. Perhaps she will bring it over on Saturday and then I'll snap a picture of all of these cute little animals together with Kaity.

I had also gotten out my "Resurrection Eggs" since we are only about two weeks shy of Easter, and I had purchased a book last week: "Easter Love Letters from God" ... I figured (hoped) that as Kaity was looking through the eggs and taking them apart and remembering the figures that are hiding inside, that I could briefly recount to her the Easter story. I DID it ... however, it was VERY abbreviated and then I read the first chapter (it is only two very short pages) of the book. It's a beautiful book and I'm so glad I have it at my house for the little ones to look through.

The Easter story is nicely written and the illustrations are very nicely done as well. Kaity reminded me that she "already knew that story" and I was careful to tell her that it's such a beautiful story, and 100% TRUE, that it's good to review it every now and again.
We then drove to Gold Fish Swim School for Kaity's 7PM lesson. She has graduated to the Pro I class, but there ISN'T a Pro 1 class that is open yet on Thursday evenings; so Kaity has been with the Glider 3 kids waiting for a Pro 1 class to open up. We had been "promised" that Harrison (Harry), the instructor, would teach Kaity some of the skills from Pro 1, but so far he hasn't done that. I did talk to the people in charge--just mentioning that to them--and they apologized and said that next week, Harrison would teach Emma "the dophin kick" and begin showing her a competitive breast stroke. Yes!


These are not the greatest pictures ... this (below) is how Kaity always comes up from under the water--tongue hanging out like a ... puppy!

Here is Kaity following Harry's instructions to extend her arms straight up and back for her back stroke. Kaity listens SO carefully and completely follows his instructions. I'm so proud of her. There was another instructor watching Kaity swim last night who stepped up to her when she was getting out of the pool just to tell her what an excellent swimmer she is! How nice for Kaity to hear that.



I'm struggling with a nasty head cold this week ... and tonight my nose would not stop running and my eyes were watery and my head felt like a brick. I was glad to be with Kaity, but also glad to come back home and rest. I'm praying I will be greatly improved by Saturday ...

 

No comments: