Wednesday, March 17, 2021

March 16 was a very good day!

Tuesday:  There are times when I find Tuesdays to be overwhelming--there are several factors: (1) Brendan has special needs, (2) there is a LOT of chaos,  (3) and sometimes I worry that the children will not have a good time. So I've been praying about this every Tuesday-time with these dear kiddos.

I have found that checking a ton of books out at the library is very helpful--especially for Brendan. I try to find books that will interest or intrigue him--he has a very keen mind and is an excellent reader. I lay books all over the house for him to find and I often DO find him curled up reading one of the books I have checked out. Plus, I always tuck a book in the pocket of his front seat spot in the car so that he has something to read on the 30-minute ride to and from. This has worked out well.
Erin is ... irresistable. Is it just that she is almost three? Or that she has the sweetest little heart? OR that she is as funny as can be?!
I'm not sure--but I know that I definitely enjoy her and find her delightful. We have a lot of fun together.
Look at her beautiful blue eyes. She loves this blue flute.
And she loves to build with all of the building toys around here ... I'm so glad!
Brendan participated much freer with his sister and brother today ... he seemed happier and more relaxed. I was so thankful to see that. 
Aidan was his usual hilarious self ...
Matey stayed nearby ... he was always somewhere hanging around where he could see all the action.
Brendan loves these Quibix magnet cubes that was gifted to us from my cousin, Andrea! What a great toy. What a dear cousin!


The face below ... yikes! Isn't Aidan a stitch and a half?


Brendan read one of the books to Matey ...

Erin announced that she was going to take a nap under my table. She stayed underneath for about 5 seconds while I snapped this picture ...






While we ate lunch, Matey helped himself to my refrigerator! 
Silly bird!
We discovered that Matey truly loves cucumbers!


Erin LOVES cucumbers too ... she is attempting to eat TWO slices at once in this picture (below).
How my front room looks about an hour after we arrive at my house ...

Erin and Aidan both enjoy playing with this little wooden tool toy that I purchased just before Emma was born ... it has seen a LOT of play!
Aidan and Erin were yucking it up on my comfy round chair in my bedroom ...

I was SO surprised when Brendan joined in! YAY! I snapped quite a few of all three of them together ... but most of them blurred (due to so much laughter and bouncing) ...
And this picture of Brendan (below) absolutely makes me happy down to my toes. I haven't seen Brendan look a camera in the eye and intentionally SMILE ... in ... I can't even remember the last time. I love this little child so much. 

We did a little bit of drawing, at Aidan's request. We got out some Ed Emberley drawing books and art supplies and kept at it 30+ minutes. It was very fun!
Matey LOVES pencils ... and paper ... and he seems to favor Brendan--how nice.


Every prayer I prayed was answered today! (1)  Brendan was easier to connect with today!  (2)  I did not "lose it" in my head over the chaos!  (3)  It appeared as though everyone had a happy day. 

Thank you so much, Lord!

No comments: