Monday, March 22, 2021

March 20 with Emma

Saturday Night:  Emma and I watched the first of The Lord of the Rings trilogy Saturday night. Since it is nearly three hours in length, we watched the first half and will finish it up tomorrow afternoon. Wow. The beauty of the filming is ... just ... WOW. There is so much in this story--a lot of which I don't understand -- but enough to make the watching of it worthwhile.


 So far, this was my favorite conversation: Frodo began by saying to Gandalf: "I wish the ring had never come to me." And then this:

Yes. Yes, for sure. So it is with our lives too. We can't control our birth, our family history, most of the circumstances in our lives. But we CAN decide, with God's help, just what He wants us to do with the time He has given us. We can, and we must.

I enjoyed watching this with Emma ... but I always enjoy watching a good story with Emma! I love her to pieces.

No comments: