Monday, March 22, 2021

March 20 First day of SPRING

Saturday:  I picked Kaity up from Jesse's a little earlier than usual today. There is a park that we have frequented throughout the years that isn't far at all from where Jesse lives. Dwight Lydell Park has been undergoing a MAJOR renovation during the past months. Kaity and I decided to go and check out the progress for ourselves.

I love these pictures of Kaity! 
Here is a boardwalk leading to an "overlook" to Mill Creek--which at this point is extremely LOW in water. However, the goal of this park renovation is to "return Mill Creek to its natural state" (according to the web site we checked once we got to my house). They've decided to let Mill Creek "reclaim" the land. They've engineered the site with a sloped flood plain ... I'm totally intrigued as to how it will look at flood stage!
We couldn't decide if it was hot or cold Saturday afternoon! Kaity had a VERY warm coat with her that she quickly took off and hung on her head ...
This is Mill Creek. There USED to be tons of trees that overhung the creek with cool paths and all kinds of interesting things to look at ... but it appears the "naturalists" have leveled every dang tree within site. I'm in mourning about that reality ... but ... it was totally out of my control!
This NEW bridge/boardwalk goes across Mill Creek and connects with Lamoreaux. It looks so odd being as wide as it is when Mill Creek is presently SO narrow ...


Kaity and I mosied (is that a word?) around near the creek and heaved rocks from the railroad bridge for quite a while ...

I love this little spot ... I hope we come here a lot during the summer. There is a new playground in the works with climbing walls, etc. -- but they haven't begun constructing that yet. Kaity and I are really looking forward to them getting it built.



Kaity and I looked for signs of spring--but other than the mild temperature and clean, clear air--we did not find one single bud on any tree or even a tiny sprout of a flower! Hmm ... I'm pretty positive we are not finished with winter around here quite yet.

No comments: