Monday, March 22, 2021

March 21 at Fallasburg Park

Sunday Afternoon:  Emma and I finished watching "Fellowship of the Ring" early afternoon (after church and lunch). The weather today is SO beautiful ... and even though it is a dull time of year (color-wise), we simply could NOT stay couped up inside. The breeze and blue skies were calling ...  so out we went!

We drove over to Fallasburg Park--a mere 20 minutes from my house--to hike their beautiful paths along the Flat River (Lowell). We ran over to the covered bridge and I pretended that I was going to climb the railing and walk it all the way to the bridge ...

Emma took one look at me, turned and looked me dead in the ey, raised her pointer finger at me and said, "No, grandma! You are too old! You will fall!" Sigh. Gone is my youth! We laughed about it! But truly, when I am outside in God's beautiful world, I lose all sense of my true age ... I just become a child again and my spirit soars ...


I'm posting the prettiest pictures of the afternoon ... without much comment ... because what can possible say that God hasn't already said? But ISN'T HE AWESOME? And aren't these trees just the loveliest?
I love this little spot ...

I snapped quite a few of Emma here ... she is so agreeable now to my camera, and I'm very thankful for it.





We saw many others out walking ... but for the most part, we were able to stay isolated and just enjoy the quiet of the woods and the soothing sounds of the river ...

I took this picture (below) from the pedestrian bridge--it's not a very pretty bridge (which is why I didn't boher to take a picture of it) ...


There are so many fun things to do out in the woods ... secret places to find ... 








We began our walk at the bridge ... and we wrapped around and ended it ... at the bridge! We walked 1.8 miles, though we did not walk at a fast clip whatsoever, so I suppose we didn't burn off any calories--but whatever!

We drove back to the Beach House and relaxed for awhile. We looked at some very old photographs from a few photo books I had made for the kids about ten years ago ...

It was a very relaxing and fun day with my dear Emma ... what a blessing to be her grandma.

No comments: