Friday, March 5, 2021

March 4 No longer a glider ...

Thursday Evening:  It is about a 25 minute drive from my house to Gold Fish Swim School. Sometimes Kaity and I play games as I drive, i.e. "Would you Rather?" which is a question game ... for example: Would you rather blast off to the moon or go sledding? I never played this game when I was a kid--but I like it, because we find out interesting stuff about each other when we play!

But tonight, we were watching as the sun set (very beautifully) as we were driving and Kaity was looking out the car window and said she had a question that had been bothering her. I asked her what it was!

"I've been wondering, Grandma ... where WAS I before I was born?" 

Ooo ... interesting question, Kaity-Girl. I told her I would give this some thought--we were nearly to her swim school by that time. 

Kaity did wonderful tonight at her lesson! She swam the width of the pool 2x, both with the back stroke and the breast stroke; she tread water for a full 45 seconds, and she did a bunch of the other requirements that fulfilled her Glider 3 requirements! She graduated and is now to become a PRO 1!
Kaity was super surprised. I was too! She had only been in the Glider 3 class for four weeks. Tonight, there were four students in Lane Four. One of the other students looked as proficient as Kaity, but the other two were not even close. We checked at the front desk on our way out to schedule our first lesson in the Pro class, but presently, they don't have any Thursday evening openings. So for the present, Kaity will return next week to her same teacher--he will be aware of her graduation (because he approved it) and she can swim along with the other Glider 3 students with her teacher giving her extra instruction about the next level. CONGRATULATIONS, Kaity-Girl! Good job!
I had asked God how to answer Kaity's question about where she was prior to being born; so on our drive back to her dad's house, I gave her what I hope was the answer the Lord wanted me to give! I told Kaity that she was in the heart and mind of God ALWAYS ... that He knew her before she was born ... that He chose the exact day of her birth ... that He actually knows how many hairs she has on her head, and that He loves her immensely. She wanted to know how I knew this was true? I told her that the Bible told me so--that the Bible is HIS very words. "Well, I'm glad to know that stuff, Grandma. Now I won't have to feel bothered about it anymore" was Kaity's reply.

Where in the Bible does it say that God knew us before we were born?

Jeremiah 1.5:  "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you ..." 

Isaiah 49.1:  "Listen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations: Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name."

Psalm 139.14-16:  "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place ... your eyes saw myunformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

And what about God knowing the exact number of hairs on our heads?

Luke 12.6-7:  "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed; the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."  

The Lord knows all about you, Kaity! He planned you out before the world was made and He set His love upon you, sent His Son Jesus to die for your sins to give you forgiveness, a clean heart, and a place in His kingdom if you will believe and receive Him. I pray that you will truly know and love Him and follow Him all the days of your life.
 

No comments: