Monday, March 15, 2021

March 14 Aman Park with Emma

Sunday:  This is the weekend where we "spring ahead" and lose an hour of sleep ... but Emma and I planned ahead and went to bed at a very decent hour last night, without watching anything at all on Netflix or Amazon or anywhere. Worship at Calvary this morning was wonderful and we got to visit with good friends after the service too.

After our lunch today, we drove out Lake Michigan Drive to Aman Park. Emma had never hiked out there and I wanted to show her how BEAUTIFUL it is. This is probably the UGLIEST time of year to try to show Emma how gorgeous this location is ... but still ... the deep woods is always magical to me and I think it is to Emma too. We had such a nice afternoon together.





Emma "comes alive" outside in the woods. I do too! There is something inside me that just sighs a huge SIGH ... worries fall away, tension ceases ... I am out in God's great outdoors and everything around me praises Him and speaks to me of His greatness. It is THE BEST.
I snapped a few (!!) pictures of Emma as we walked ...


I love these pictures of her ...

As we walked along one trail, we approached the most interesting looking tree! I merely pointed it out to Emma and she ran over to it and bounded up it like a monkey!









I love Emma so much it hurts sometimes ... but the Lord loves her so much better than I could ever love her. I'm truly thankful for that.







On this side of heaven, it just doesn't get any better. I couldn't have been happier if I was a millionaire many times over or lived in a beautiful home overlooking Lake Michigan  ... the woods hold a special "magic" for me; sharing it with Emma is just over the top. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: