Friday, April 19, 2019

A three-blessed Wednesday!

Wednesday, April 17:  I was called upon to do "Littles" watching for Wednesday morning so that Kelly could attend a funeral of a dear friend ... father of 10, 43 years old ... fishing accident or some such thing. Kelly was their doula for #10 I believe, and their daughter babysits for the kiddos on a pretty regular basis. Praying for this family with such a loss.

This baby girl, our l'il Irish girl, has been warming up to her old grandma--whew! I was beginning to worry that she would not allow me into her space! Or her dear heart! 
 I think Erin has decided that Grandma Carol is "OK." She sure gave me one of her pretty smiles, didn't she?
 The kiddos were watching their favorite show from Sesame Street while snacking ...
 I was doing a little clean-up while they were both strapped in and out of trouble! Their folks left at 9:30 and naptime was at 10:30. Surely I could survive one hour with TWO babies, right? I will tell you that I PRAYED, and God was gracious and kind to all of us!

I roughed up these babies in between feeding them and plopped them both down for naps at just about 11:15! They both uttered one small protesting squeal, but then ... sound asleep! Kelly returned home at 1:30 to two still-sleeping babies! While the littles were sleeping, I read my Mitford book, did a little picking up of our messes, and fell asleep too! I was pretty glad Kelly returned before these guys woke up. But ... it was good to be with these two darling bundles this morning. What a JOY they are.
 I picked Brendan up from his appointment at 4:15 and we zoomed on over to my house. We did Brendan's homework (most of it), ate a nice dinner, and then we got to play for just a tiny bit ...
 I had gotten a few extra tracks at the train show over the weekend, so it was helpful to have a few more turn-offs and connecting tracks ...
 Brendan made himself a small layout and was super pleased ... he is the most precious little soul!

What a triply-blessed day I had! Being a grandma is the BEST!

No comments: