Thursday, April 4, 2019

A Tuesday Movie

Tuesday, April 2:  Technically, Tuesdays are my day off. That may seem weird when you consider that I am retired ... but I am a very busy grandma! I have intentional, planned, days of the week that I connect (hopefully) with each grandchild. But this week is special, because it is spring break for all of my grandchildren. Last Saturday, when Emma and Kaity and I went to the movies, we saw that "Green Book" was also showing at the "cheapies" and I told Emma that I intended to see that movie sometime soon. She had mentioned that she was interested in seeing it too!
So .. Tuesday was the day! I picked Emma up at 4:15 and we saw the 5:00 showing. I liked the movie okay ... but ... not as enthusiastically as I like "The Help" or "To Kill a Mockingbird" or other movies that deal with the subject of injustice and prejudice. I love the characters in "The Help." I love Skeeter. I love Abbie. I LOVE Minnie. I love Celia. I love Constantine! But in "Green Book", I just never could truly like Tony--I could laugh at his rough behavior, etc., but he was not an endearing character to me. I liked "doc" more, but I didn't LOVE him. There was something about the writing of this piece that just wasn't as compelling to me as the others. BUT, having said that, I'm glad we saw it. It WAS awarded Best Picture of the year by The Academy, after all.

After the movie, we grabbed a bite to eat. Emma didn't seem to be in the mood for fast food. Pizza wasn't grabbing her either. So I suggested french toast over at I-HOP. She said she had never eaten there before, so I'm glad we did! Emma actually ordered the strawberry-banana pancakes--which looked amazingly delicious--and she ate them all! I wonder if Emma will be willing to see "Unplanned" with me this weekend. I am hoping so. It is a movie that I do not want to miss!

No comments: