Sunday, April 7, 2019

Playground happiness

Saturday, April 6:  It reached 60 degrees today! Celebrate! The first part of our afternoon was spent over at my place--but I neglected to take any pictures there. Kaity and I were outside enjoying the sunshine and fair breezes while we raked and blew leaves in-between playing soccer and baseball (what?!) ... Kaity is kind of like that, and I just roll with the punches.

Emma and Matt were inside watching a movie. I was glad to get a little bit of yard work done with Kaity. She's a good helper. Emma and Matt are teenagers, I only have ONE adult-sized rake, and I thought they'd be better off watching a movie. Usually, I don't do the movie thing with the kiddos, especially on such a nice weather day.
Before we went back to their house, we drove to the Grand Rapids Township park to play for a little bit. Kaity goes wild on playgrounds. Emma had promised Kaity that she would have some fun with her there, and Emma was true to her word. 
 Matthew's actual birthday is this coming Wednesday when he will be fourteen! But he did OK at the playground too!

 Kaity didn't stay in one place for very long ...


 Matt and Emma were trying out this verticle swing-thing ... Kaity wasn't tall enough to reach the handles. She was SO determined, though ...
 Matt and Emma went around quite a few times!

 I didn't try it!


 Kaity climbed to the top of the highest slide several times ...
 I think Kaity was happiest, though, on this little rotating pole!
 She has a high capacity for spinning ...


 I tried to get her to swing on the tire swing (which she LOVED last year), but she announced that she did NOT like it this year.
 ... but she gave me a smile nonetheless!
 I lifted Kaity up several times to the hanging swing. She loved it. She's a strong little monkey.

All and all, a pretty decent four hours with the kids. Always thankful to have them over, spend time with them, try to connect to their lives and world ... they grow up so fast.

No comments: