Friday, April 12, 2019

Sweet Kaity-Girl

Thursday, April 11:  It was Kaity-Day and as usual on a Thursday, I picked her up from school. The weather was rather nasty--cold, windy, kind of rainy ... so it was sad to tell her that we were going to have to spend our time together INSIDE.
 Here's the neat part:  I was kind of dreading having to tell Kaity that we couldn't play outside and I wondered how on earth I would be able to give her a nice time today just being inside at my house. I prayed about it. I told the Lord that I was worried about it. 
 But Kaity came inside, smiling anyway! Yes! We chummed around for a little while, and then she asked if she could play with my LEGO lighthouse. I told her we would have to be "gentle", something Kaity isn't always successful at doing--but she played SO nicely with everything! Prior to this, Kaity had gotten some of my magnets out and had built a little boat--but we didn't have any people to put IN the boat, which was when Kaity wondered if we could use the LEGO girls from the lighthouse. It worked out perfectly.
 Kaity really enjoyed the tiny parts of the buildings, the people ... everything. I even decided that since she was playing so nicely, I would show her my bin of LEGO city blocks and lots and lots of cute people. We got them all out and had such fun.
 I thank the Lord for this because sometimes it is difficult for me to keep up with Kaity. She's a very physical child--this is how God has made her--and I love it about her--but it's just sometimes hard for me to have enough energy to keep up!
 We had a very nice few hours just playing with LEGOS. Near the end of our time, though, we did bat some balloons around (Kaity loves this) and we had time to even watch "The 3 Little Pigs" (Disney) on Netflix and laughed our heads off. Kaity sang, "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf!" over and over again.
I love this sweet little granddaughter!

No comments: