Friday, April 12, 2019

This super nice boy

Wednesday, April 10:  I picked Brendan up from school right at 3:00. I had to stop by P. Diddy's (!!) tax office, so Brendan and I visited with him for a few minutes, PLUS we met two new fish that joined the tank this week--two clown fish!
 When we arrived here, I knew we had a lot of homework to complete--but we did play for a little while first. These pictures are not in correct order whatsoever. Brendan requested that we put the Great Wolf Lodge puzzle together, so we did that. Brendan loves this puzzle. We talked about our fun time that we spent there for Brendan's 7th birthday. Good memories.
 I also had out my Resurrection eggs. Brendan loves these too. We went through the entire Easter story by opening up each egg, looking at the token that was inside and talking about what that token had to do with that last week of the life of Jesus. This took us a full 20 minutes, with Brendan thoroughly examining each egg and item, and listening intently to the story. I love that he will do this with me. I love that his little heart is so open to God's story.
 We also played a game of chess--but it wasn't exactly the way I am used to playing it. That's OK. I have a set that is a beginner chess set that teaches each token's movements with cards. Nobody wins or loses--it's just basically moving the pieces around the board according to the card you draw. Brendan likes to play it this way a lot. I liked it too, because I'm not into winning or losing games very much.
 We got every single bit of Brendan's homework completed, including reading TWO rather long stories--me reading one page, and then Brendan reading the next. I love to read with Brendan.
We finished our time with cookies and milk ... and then hurried off to bring Matthew the remainder of his Oreo Ice cream Cake that we had in my freezer. Kaity was excited to see Brendan and took him outside to see her neighbor's chickens. It was a very good Wednesday night with this super nice boy.

No comments: