Wednesday, April 10, 2019

An all-day Aidan day!

Tuesday, April 9:  Today was a very special day inthat it was an ALL DAY AIDAN DAY, and on a TUESDAY of all things! The rest of his dear family had to make an out-of-town trip, just for the day, so ... dear Aidan was mine, all mine, for 12 entire hours! How blessed am I!
 We took an early morning walk, almost two miles, next to the creek that runs close to his house. We saw lots and lots of robins, some ducks, and even these two geese squaking up a storm! It was such a nice walk. We stopped at one point to toss rocks into the creek and listen to them "Plop!" which made Aidan giggle (naturally)!
 THEN, we played with Aidan's toys for quite awhile!
 Look at his dear little face--ah! I love this little child so much.


 Oh.my.word.
 Aidan's folks picked up a nice dual Duplo/Lego table for the boys. Look how great it is for the kids!
 Perfect size in every way!
 Aidan uses it for lots of stuff that is NOT Duplo or Lego related--but ... who cares?




 I put Aidan in his room for nap time at about 11:45 am, hoping and praying that he would sleep. I tucked Peek-a-Choo in first and kissed it good-night, then it was Aidan's turn. I rubbed his soft little face, kissed his head, and told him I loved him super much and would see him after naptime. He let out one little yell of protest, but then I shut the door and never heard another sound out of this darling baby. He slept until 2:45! YAY! I napped too, in-between reading a wonderful book and straightening up the mess we had made all morning at Aidan's house.
 THEN when Aidan woke up, we drove over to Frog Hollow to play. Aidan is so funny on a playground. He sticks closely by ... doesn't wander too far off ... above, he is chilling out (I think he was still waking up!) on a nice bench ...
 Aidan rocked to and fro on these little frogs for awhile.
 But his favorite thing today at Frog Hollow was climbing the TALLEST ladder up to the TALLEST slide, giving the slide a negative nod, walking across the little bridge in the opposite direction of the slides, cutting over down his own little pathway through the grass, down the slope, UNDER the slides, only to climb the TALLEST ladder all over again! I followed him UP every time, cautious that he could fall (ouch) ... I got a good exercise routine in during that half hour! My phone said that I walked a total of 2.7 miles!
 After playing ourselves quite exhausted at the park, we drove up the road to my favorite place, Culver's, where I had a fish dinner and split my fries with Aidan ...
 ... who carefully dips each and every fry deep into MUSTARD with a smile on his face!

Kisses and HUGS for you, darling Aidan ... such joy you bring to your grandma's heart!

No comments: