Tuesday, April 23, 2019

This lovely little child

Monday, April 22:  I get to spend a few hours every single Monday with this lovely little child ...
 Here he is, eating his noodles (gluten-free, naturally) with a gusto! I sat him in front of the open side door today so that he could watch the birds and see the beautiful spring sunshine. He was all for it.
 I'm not sure what Aidan is raising his hand about here. He looks like a school child waiting for his teacher to give him notice! But he is only TWO, having just turned that terrific number only a month ago.


 After Aidan's meal, we took out the stroller and walked over to the small playground on the grounds where I live. It's perfect for small folk.
 Aidan, surprisingly, displays an abundance of caution at all playgrounds. He is NOT a dare-devil child in any way, shape, or form. He absolutely refuses to go down any slide whatsoever, no matter how tiny! If he sits on my lap, he will go down a smaller slide--but his face! He clearly isn't enthused.

 Aidan does enjoy climbing up and down steps, holding on to the side rails like the careful little soul he is.


 Aidan is very pleased with himself here -- he can actually reach and hold BOTH railings ... EXTRA safety! Yes!
 He enjoyed this little steering wheel, going back to it time and time again. He often leaned his head over to the side to try and see in between the wheel and the wall--I think he was trying to figure out how it worked somehow. 
 Aidan played these bongos with much happiness!


 But the stairs was his main love ... up and down ... down ... up and down ... 
 He put these animals together too, and made appropriate animal sounds--he's quite good at animating animals.


 Not pictured is our time on the swings. He will NOT go into the baby swings--no way, no how! BUT he will sit with his grandma and swing, legs wrapped around me, head on my chest, humming little songs ... we did this for 20 minutes, with complete joy.
 And then we walked back to my place. I had a little clean-up to do and Aidan walked over to where the train tracks are stored, got them out, and constructed himself a little layout so that he could run his trains.

I got all my clean-up done while Aidan sweetly entertained himself. Mondays are good days. By the time I take Aidan back to his house, his love has filled me up and overflows my heart. What a gift this little sweetheart is!

No comments: