Friday, April 19, 2019

Sleepy Kaity ...

Thursday, April 18:  I picked Kaity up from school. It was raining, so we were stuck INSIDE once again. Bummer. Right before I left my house to pick up Kaity, I hid all twelve of my Resurrection eggs with 1 green M&M inside (along with the other contents) for Kaity to find and then we would do the Easter story together!

So when we got here, Kaity set out to find the twelve eggs, right? Well, you are NOT going to believe this! #1 egg is LOST. It's our Palm Sunday egg with the cute little donkey (and one green M&M) inside! We cannot find that blasted egg anywhere in this house! Go figure. It is here somewhere. I AM THE ONE WHO HID IT, for Pete's sake!
We moved on, though, by using my larger donkey to start our story and then proceeded on through to the end ... the WHITE egg that has NOTHING inside. I've used these eggs with Kaity twice this spring already and each time she is shocked and saddened by the empty egg. I explained to her again that this is GOOD NEWS! The empty egg tells the story of the EMPTY TOMB! Jesus IS ALIVE! "Lord, please help Kaity to understand that YOU ARE ALIVE."
 We combined our train playing with some of our city LEGO people and our Matchbox cars and had a nice thing going, except that Kaity was SO SO SO tired! She was extra clingy today ... super cuddly, and ... sleepy ... although she would never ever admit it.
 Look at her eyes, though! And she sucked her thumb more than I've seen her do in a very long time ... another indicator of sleepiness in this dear child.


I love you so much, Kaity-Girl. You are precious to me!

No comments: