Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sunset at the big lake

Saturday evening, April 21:  Emma and I dropped Kaity off at their house and left for Grand Haven at about 7:20 pm. It took us exactly 35 minutes to be parked at the North Shore parking lot. When we left Emma's driveway, the temperature read 62 degrees. When we pulled into the parking lot at the lake, it was 44 degrees and the wind was whipping mighty fast!
 Did we let that stop us??!?!?! NEVER!
 Thankfully, I brought a few extra jackets along and Emma found a knit cap in the back. She even wrapped the small fleece blanket around herself ... and out we went!
 These pictures are NOT in order. I edited, cropped and altered many of them and as I loaded them here, the order got very mixed up. Oh well.

 I LOVE these pictures of Emma ...




 I thought SURE Emma was going to get a soaker ... but she did NOT! I didn't manage to get wet or fall in either! Yes! However, I had thought I would be able to walk to the end of the north pier--but the waves would not allow me to! Pooh.

 Obviously, I know nothing about the technical working of lenses and sunsets. I know enough not to shoot directly INTO the sun and I thought I was angling my camera so that these "rings" would not happen ... but ... sigh ... I have a lot to learn, don't I? 
 It was a gorgeous night out here at the lake, though. I loved sharing it with Emma.



 The colors were just amazing ... delicious even.




 This very unusual boat was going out of the channel just about 45 minutes before the sun actually set. I believe someone was saying that it is a dredging boat. I'd never seen one up close before!





Emma enjoys a good adventure! I'm so glad! 



 I got a few picture-perfect shots ... so I am pleased with at least my effort!





















I had hoped that the SUN would be phenomenal like it was last night (when we were NOT at the lake and I did NOT have my camera), but it wasn't. It was a good sunset, though ... but last night, it was the most incredible sun I have ever seen. Perhaps another time!

No comments: