Sunday, April 21, 2019

Our 1.5 mile hike!

Saturday afternoon, April 20:  We started out our afternoon here at the Beach House and enjoyed a spaghetti dinner, filled up my bird feeder, and hung out around here for just a bit ...



 But since it was a very beautiful day and actual spring-like temperatures !!, we drove over again to Rogue River park so that Kaity could play on the playground, and so that we could enjoy a nice hike in the woods.

Rogue River Trails:  
 We let Kaity be the hike leader and we told her we would follow along behind. Kaity decided to take a few different paths than we took last week ... and we ended up out here at the fisheries!
 We threw rocks in the ponds for a little while, trying to make the biggest splash, etc.

 I love to see children out in God's creation. No technology out here (for the most part), just wide open space, and such wonders to explore.
 Kaity was not super excited to be on this hike, I'll be honest with you. She initially wanted to do it, and we DID play at the playground first so that she could feel that HER stuff was important to us--but then we ventured out into the woods.
 There was a nice brisk wind blowing. It was in the mid-60's. The sun was shining. Perfect for hiking.
These ponds are super interesting. One of these days I am going to READ what is on these markers and find out what exactly is going on here! 
 Thankfully, Emma has outgrown her distaste for hiking ... she actually loves it now. However, NOT if it is a hot day. I need to remember that! Emma doesn't do well in the heat at all. She is okay at the beach where she can cool off--but definitely NOT at a playground or hiking.

 Our little bitty girl got too exhausted to walk, so I put her on my back for awhile--but then Emma offered--so I let her!

 It was wonderful to be out here with these dear granddaughters. Precious gift.
 Kaity managed to enjoy parts of it, in spite of herself.
 This hill is near the end of our trail. I went AROUND the hill (this is where I fell head-first last week); but the girls charged right on up, up, UP!




Good job, girls! Every time I look at these pictures, my heart will sing with JOY as I remember this time with you.

No comments: