Sunday, April 14, 2019

Palm Sunday

Palm Sunday, April 14:  Today was a very special day! First of all, it is Palm Sunday. At Calvary Church, every year, all of the little children parade down the aisles waving palm branches and singing praises. It's one of my favorite things every year! This year was no exception. And SO MANY children! They were invited up to the platform--there must have been close to 150 of them--and then the congregation and the little children sang three praise songs together, with motions. It was SO wonderful.

Making it 100% more special even, was that Emma was with me. I love to worship with Emma! It's the best thing ever. I love to have her beside me in church. I can hardly get through an entire service without crying from the pure joy of having her next to me ... worshiping our wonderful Savior. I love her so much. I want her to KNOW and walk closely with Jesus all of her life. It was a beautiful service. Pastor Jim talked about "the arm of the LORD", which is Jesus, and how the world rejected Him but how much He loves us.
We stopped by at the Prayer Garden on the way out from church. This is a regular habit for Emma, and I'm so glad. She loves to just quietly walk through the garden and read the Scripture verses.

We ate a quick bite at Wendy's, and then we went to Celebration and saw Un-Planned together. I had seen the movie Friday morning and thought it was very well done--a true story, that covered many angles of a really difficult reality in our country. Emma did really well with it. I am really glad she has seen this movie. I think every young person should see it and think about LIFE--of the unborn, but also the LIFE of every single human being that God has created. To love and serve God and all people is what we are called to do. I felt the movie handled a hot-button topic with a lot of grace and forgiveness. I'm glad Emma and I saw it together. So thankful for this dear, precious granddaughter.

No comments: