Friday, April 5, 2019

Thursday with FOUR!

Thursday, April 4:  It's a very rare occasion anymore when all FOUR siblings come over to my house. Three of them are teenagers--two of the three are male...one of the boys is super involved in sports--does that explain why I don't get to have them over much? But tonight we are celebrating an EARLY birthday for Matthew!
 Christopher is almost 5-1/2. He had not been to my house since Christmas--at least that's what we think. He does know how to make himself at home, however.
 Dear Kaity was disappointed that I took down the tent in the playroom ... but we needed more space to play back there.
 We finally got the boys to finish their video games so that Matthew could open his gift. No surprises here. We order every year on line ... that way, I KNOW I'm not getting some wasteful item they have no use or desire for.
 I love you, Matthew! I can hardly believe you are going to be FOURTEEN next week. Growing up sure happens quickly.


 Emma was filming the opening of gifts ... it was strongly protested by the birthday boy ... so she respectfully stopped.
 LEGOs were in the package. The boys set right out to build the sets. Christopher announced he was in on the project ... so he was!


 Matthew had requested Oreo Ice cream cake ... so here it is.

 We sang "Happy Birthday" and Christopher breathed too deeply (this is what he claims!) and the number "1" and "4" candles blew out--so we re-lit them, Matthew made his wish, and blew them out again!
 Since the weather was kind of nice (but cold), I offered to take anyone who wanted to the playground nearby their house. Emma had other things to do, so we were down to three. The boys shot baskets while Kaity played on the equipment.

 Kaity loves playgrounds.
 She is seriously athletic and strong. I would love to see her do gymnastics. It would be super good for her!

 We noticed that someone spray painted this nice playground. I felt sad about it. So did Kaity. I'm not sure what "Pests NFG" means, but that's what was written everywhere.

 We decided to ignore it and just play. At least, as far as I know, it wasn't profanity.
 And look how happy our Kaity is!

 Thanks, Lord, for the strength to be a grandma. Thank You, too, for each grandchild you have given to me. I am delighted in them. I love them to pieces. Have Your way in them, please--and help them to truly know You and give their lives to You. Amen.

No comments: