Sunday, May 26, 2019

A few firsts for our Kaity-Girl

Saturday, May 25:  What a great time we had today! Kaity and I got to go on a fishing expedition! On a real boat! Kaity had never taken a boat ride EVER before in her life. She was pretty pumped. My friends, Robin and John, a renting a lake house on Morrison Lake and they just got a pontoon so that they can enjoy the lake.
 They invited me and any of my grandkids who usually come to my house on Saturday. The boys haven't come over in a very long time--mostly, it's been Emma and Kaity on Saturday. But Emma had a big school project she needed to work on this weekend, so she was at her friends' house. Which meant ... only Kaity came with me out to the lake. Well ... Jo-Jo came too!
 Kaity did great on the boat. She listened well to the rules and paid close attention to everything that was expected of her. I was super proud of her.
 When we actually went OUT on the lake, Kaity had a very nice life-jacket that she wore without a single complaint.
 John is showing her his "fish finder" which is a radar screen that shows WHERE the fish are hiding. Kaity was pretty fascinated with it.
 Phinheas McGee (the cute dog wearing the yellow life-jacket) went along for the ride. Phin loves the boat, the water, the fish ... everything. Kaity was pretty enthralled with Mr. McGee. No surprises there--Kaity loves animals.


 It was a super windy day and a tiny bit chilly--not too cold, but certainly NOT hot. The wind made our boating a little bit tricky.

 Here are Robin and John showing Kaity all about the fishing pole and casting, etc.
 I thought Kaity would last about two seconds with this entire procedure. She completely shocked me with her patience and tenacity! Actually, the first time Kaity put her line in the water, her bobbin sank and she landed a HUGE bass. She wasn't expecting that kind of a fight (I don't blame her a bit!) and the big fish jumped off her line. We all saw what a big fish it was though. Kaity was super pleased that she had gotten a bite.
 I'm posting a few pictures of the swans (I took a LOT of swan pictures) because I want Kaity to remember them ...
 A whole swan family ... mama, dad, and FIVE cygnets! Yikes! I was SO pleased.


 Kaity kept at her fishing, even though no one was getting any bites. She was really something.

 What a beautiful and relaxing place this is!


 Look at this little sweetheart, fishing with all she's worth!


 We finally had some dock the boat so that John could grill some food. While he was cooking, Kaity played around their dock.

 Kaity had so much fun. I just loved watching her be so happy.




 After we ate our dinner, John offered to do a little fishing with Kaity right off the dock. John said Kaity kept at it and was carefully watching her bobber ... and then she said, "I've got one!" and she reeled her fish in all by herself. YAY, Kaity!
 Her happy little face ... I can hardly stand it ... it's just priceless to me.
 Kaity was the ONLY one of us who even got a bite out there! AND she is the only one who caught a fish.
 This bass was a little bit too small for the regulations, so it had to be tossed back in the lake. Kaity was just fine with that. John removed the hook and we touched its smooth body and looked deep inside its mouth before he threw it back in the water. 
What a great time we had. How kind of John and Robin to share their dear place with us! Thank you, Lord, for everything!

No comments: